You have not known what you are.
You have slumbered upon yourself all your life.
Your eyes have been as much as closed most of the time.
What you have done is already in mockeries.

The mockeries are not you.
Underneath them
And within them,
I see you lurk...


-Walt Whitman



5.9.10

the hummingbird and the flower

Ever since Mia Michaels' Bench Routine, I became a fan of So You Think You Dance. And I'm loving the show more and more for how they're showcasing great diversities of talented dancers and incredible choreographers.


In Season 3, one routine stood out from the lot- from the twisted mind of Wade Robson and performed by Hok and Jamie. Absolutely original and creative. Wade conjured an artform in motion with this piece.


2 comments:

jonathan said...

There are still many that fascinated me throughout the different seasons of So You Think You Can Dance. Try watching the one dance dedicated to a breast cancer patient. I cried watching it because it was so beautiful.

Fickle Cattle said...

This is one of my favorite performances in SYTYCD. The guy is a hiphop dancer if I remember correctly. Exquisitely done.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/