You have not known what you are.
You have slumbered upon yourself all your life.
Your eyes have been as much as closed most of the time.
What you have done is already in mockeries.

The mockeries are not you.
Underneath them
And within them,
I see you lurk...


-Walt Whitman



20.6.11

when stones come to life...


"Every once in a while...a number comes along that is so magical and when everything happens one with the universe."


And indeed everything became one with the universe when my two favorite dancers, Melanie and Marko, performed a Travis Wall contemporary routine in the first live episode of So You Think You Can Dance Season 8.

It was like watching some Greek god and goddess creating an artwork through precisely calculated and harmonized movements. It is poetry in motion--poignant and pure.

The combination of superb technique and stunning choreography was just breath-taking and emotionally-enthralling. The chemistry, dynamics, and emotions emanating from the routine was amplified through the use of a great piece of music- Turn To Stone by Ingrid Michaelson (This song was perfect for the routine. I fell in love with this song when it was featured in the Grey's Anatomy finale where Izzy married Alex).

I remember watching this performance three nights ago and I could feel my pulse racing, hands sweating, and eyes wide to what was happening in front of me; that usually happens whenever I am exposed to rare remarkable form of art.

This will win an Emmy. Mia Miachaels may not be here this season, but I am really glad that Travis Wall is truly becoming a master of his craft. Two highly technical dancers and a genius choreographer- What do you expect to see? :P

This season is shaping to be the best so far, and for the first time in SYTYCD history, no one got eliminated from the results show...because they were that good!. I am really excited for this season, but I hope they change the stage. It seems to lack the illusion of space. Hehe. Anyway, go Melanie and Marko! (Marko is a Filipino did you know, and Tadd, the B-boy).

What a gloomy day... so perfect. :)






3 comments:

Robbie said...

Best routine so far. :D

Unknown said...

Season 8 is killing me. This is the best top 20 ever assembled, in my opinion.

I can't wait for the show to get down to the top 10, and for the remaining dancers to be paired up with the all-stars. I get all giddy and fanboyish just thinking about it. Haha.

lucas said...

Yeah...this is the best ensemble of dancers in SYTYCD history! Melanie and Marko can do no wrong...excited for the All Stars round! wooohooo!