You have not known what you are.
You have slumbered upon yourself all your life.
Your eyes have been as much as closed most of the time.
What you have done is already in mockeries.

The mockeries are not you.
Underneath them
And within them,
I see you lurk...


-Walt Whitman



1.11.15

this is how we will do it



You know when conversations abruptly end with "I guess we can just agree to disagree"? As if people are too afraid to immerse themselves deep into an argument, to find a middle ground between two conflicting, opposite ideas? I kind of hate that. I guess what I'm trying to say is talk to me, and when you find yourself disagreeing with something I say, fight for what you believe in. Bring it. For I will give you my opinion with an ulterior motive to make you agree with me, but DON'T. Show me how passionate you are, through words. Stimulate my mind. Seduce me with logic. Assault my intellect with your feet touching the ground. Because this is how we will do it. Us brandishing words: you with a sword aiming at my throat and I, a knife at your heart, until we just lie in silence, satisfied, our bodies sprawled in a bed in celebration of how different we are yet beat with the same frequency. We will speak a language only us will know, the kind that will forever stick to our tongues. So let's talk. This is how we will fall in love.









No comments: