You have not known what you are.
You have slumbered upon yourself all your life.
Your eyes have been as much as closed most of the time.
What you have done is already in mockeries.

The mockeries are not you.
Underneath them
And within them,
I see you lurk...


-Walt Whitman



6.1.11

i thought of you and let the world spin madly on


"I hope that people will watch it and do have some sort of a moving experience. I am hoping that it just causes them to be introspective. And then whatever comes off that, comes off that..."

-Ryan Woodward


I was doing some backreads of The Creative Dork authored by the very talented Robbie, when I stumbled upon a post about this animation by Ryan Woodward. In this animated short, he creatively fused his passion for figurative works, 2D animation, EFX animation, and contemporary dance. Playing to the tune of one of my favorite songs, World Spins Madly On by The Weepies, Woodward conjured a simple yet beautifully crafted art piece that captures the bittersweet complexities of love.

As a fan of contemporary dance and folk music, I couldn't help but rave about this. The piece is just moving as it is subtle and pure. And it affected me in a very personal way. :)

Anyway, you can watch the video below and have a sneak peek of how Thought Of You was born...






No comments: