You have not known what you are.
You have slumbered upon yourself all your life.
Your eyes have been as much as closed most of the time.
What you have done is already in mockeries.

The mockeries are not you.
Underneath them
And within them,
I see you lurk...


-Walt Whitman



28.1.11

voices worthy of a golden ticket, week 2


I just recently discovered that you can download the latest episodes of American Idol on OneDDL, in high-definition and six hours before the live telecast. It's bloody cool! I can finally watch Idol whenever I want and without those annoying technical problems with the transmission. :P

There's a lot of promising talents this week. In the Milwaukee auditions, five aspirants stood out among the thousands that came with their hopes of becoming the next music sensation:


THIA MEGIA, 15. I like the song that she chose, Chasing Pavements by Adele, and she's one of our own, so I'll be rooting for her no matter what.


NAIMA ADEDAPO, 25. She's a janitorial staff that wields a very powerful voice. She exudes strong personality too. You can tell just by looking at her.


STEVE BEGHUN, 27. He is a certified public accountant and I admit, I didn't expect that he could sound really good. The element of surprise really worked for him when he nailed, The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script.


SCOTT DANGERFIELD, 22. Anyone who can pull off an Amos Lee song (in his case, Dreamin') deserves a golden ticket in my book. He could be really dangerous if he'd continue to deliver his talent this way.


CHRIS MEDINA, 26. His story is the most heart-breaking yet. He was about to get married when her fiance got into a freak accident that caused her serious brain injury. I was literally trying to hold back tears when I saw her fiance. I'd be rooting for this guy just for the fact that he chose not to leave her in this very trying time. You're the man, Chris! He sang Breakeven by The Script, my current LSS :P

The Nashville auditions. This is one of my favorite places in searching new talents because I love country music and I love the peoples' accent :P Five aspirants soar abo
ve the rest with their beautiful voices:


ROB BOLIN, 23 AND CHELSEE OAKS, 23. They are ex-lovers and now, they meet again to fulfill their passion for music, the same thing that brought them together in the past. Chelsee currently has a boyfriend, but who wouldn't want for these two people to fall in love with each other again?! Together, they create such good music. I love Rob's tone. It has this Ray Lamontagne-Alex Lambert-thing going on. Meanwhile, I love Chelsee's take on a Brandie Carlisle classic, The Story.


ADRIENNE BEASLEY, 22. Her voice is still rough on some places but you can feel that it's coming from a very sincere place within her, giving it an unnamed quality. She's a farm girl by the way. Could she be the next Carrie Underwood?


JACKIE WILSON, 28. She also has a very powerful voice with a hint of huskiness in it. I was just as surprised as Ryan when she kissed that old man, who turned out to be his boyfriend. Haha! Apparently, love doesn't really mind age.


LAUREN ALAINA, 15. So far, she's the clear front-runner bar none. She has the talent, the likable personality, and the looks-- trifecta for a potential country-pop superstar. And she's only 15! Geez. There are so many talented 15-year olds. They made a good call for lowering the age limit this season.

So...Who caught your ears this week?




2 comments:

Robbie said...

Pretty much the same people. Nakalimutan ko na yung ibang contestants from last week. Hahaha.

I really liked the 2 guys who sang The Script. One of my fave bands. Also Naima and Scott Dangerfield.

Thia reminds me too much of Charice eh.

Unknown said...

THIA MEGIA! Definitely.

And Chris.. I was near tears watching. So far, Milwaukee had the best auditions. Gusto rin Country. I have enough of the likes of Jordin Sparks and Kelly Clarkson. But I'm also waiting for singers with Jazzy vibes. Love, love, love Jazz and Bossa Nova.