YOU MAY BE WONDERING why i haven’t posted another entry yet and this is because i am currently running out of ideas. the right side of my brain is, as of now, on strike, perhaps due to excess caffeine it suffers at times when it needs to rest. i have a couple of drafts saved on my flash drive but i am not sure if it’s the right time to post them. so for the meantime, let me bore you with this love tag. yeah. very appropriate in my current situation eh? single, self supporting, a little bitter. but as lance said let’s spread the love. let it spread like cancer and eat those healthy cardiac muscles…
1. when was your first kiss and where? first kiss? hmm… when i was in second year high school, i guess. i tried to forget the experience though. like all hopeless romantic people in the world, i wanted it to be freaking special (with fireworks if destiny permits), but in my case i was forced to do it. there came a time in my high school life when the guys and the girls in my circle of close friends became so close that it’s just normal for them to make out. no, i was exaggerating. hehe! i mean it’s ok for the girls to kiss the guys… on the lips. there came a time, when miss mary, close friend, asked me to give her a kiss. i refused, since my naïve principle back then says that the first kiss should be done with your first love. lame am i? she was hurt, of course. but just to keep the friendship, and stay in the inner circle, i kissed her, before she rode a jeepney home. speaking of peer pressure. how i wished i was brave enough to kiss glad, before i kissed ms. mary. thinking about it now, it was so…uhmm…high school!
2. when was your first real relationship and how long did it last? i’m really happy there’s the word ‘real’ before the ‘relationship’, because if that’s not there, i’ll just be thinking, mouth open, which of all the complicated relationships i’ll be writing about. i had my first real relationship when i was in 4th year college. go on people! boo me! hehe! i will not deny that i’m a late bloomer. hehe! the real one’s just recent. i spent three months of it lying on a bed of roses and the last 4 months eating the roses’ thorns. you do the math.
3. what age were you allowed to date? oh my… i never expected that this is a tag exclusively for gals. hehe! i’m a guy and i can’t imagine myself asking my father’s or my mother’s permission to date someone i like. the thought of it makes me want to laugh. hahaha! let me just answer this with the question: what age did you start dating? (am i allowed for make my own question?) i guess when i was sixteen? crap. boo me again.
4. what's the craziest thing you did (for love) when you were a teenager? by craziest you mean the biggest gesture of love i have done so far for loving someone? hehe! glad was our class’ muse when we were in third year high school and she was our representative for the filipiniana fashion show, in line with the buwan ng wika. on the eve of the fashion show, our escort conveniently backed out. (are you still alive jm?) but gladlyn who couldn’t let our classmates down decided to continue with the show even there’ll be no one to escort her. i couldn’t see her walk on the stage alone. she needed someone whom she would share the pressure with. and it was me. i volunteered, with my classmates jeering, knowing i had feelings for her. i looked ridiculous with an extra large barong. i looked like a hanger. felt like i was about to be buried. did i mention i was skeleton-thin back in high school? i’ll show you my hideous pics sometime. hehe! but then again, the efforts were all worth it. i could still remember how we practiced, how i looked into her eyes as we walked and met at the center of the stage, with head held high revealing my enlarged thyroid and bulging windpipe, held her hand and walked in front savoring the moment with thunderous applause from our supporters. i have learned from the experience that it’s hard to fake a smile. imagine smiling for long five hours, pretending you’re the hottest guy on stage, with all the sweat wearing away your make-up (i hate make-ups!!! especially the lipstick. the taste is nauseating.) but then again i was able to stand all that for glad. i was on a fashion show. that’s crazy right?
5. how long is your longest relationship and what's the secret? i thought you did the math already. seven months! now you can boo me again, people of the blogosphere! hehe! am i required to answer the latter part? what’s the secret? i have come to realize that this tag was made for girls who were successful with their relationships. well, if you consider seven months of relationship, with more than half of it based on lies, deceit, and betrayal, then i’ll tell you the secret --- pure foolishness.
6. how long did you date before you decided to settle down? hmm… settle down? when i bump into a word 'settle down', marrying someone comes in mind. but if settle down meant to enter into a formal relationship then my answer is a month. huhuhu. is it really true? the faster you go into a relationship, the faster it crumbles down? crap.
7. how long did you know s/he was the one? gosh. if i am in a relationship right now, perhaps i could answer this one and since i am not, then it’s pointless to answer this question. unless i could play desperate and pretend to have a girlfriend right now. hahaha!
8. now, at what age will you allow your kid(s) to date? (if and only if you end up having kids) parenthood. i don’t usually ponder this far. the rules for my sons will be different from that of my daughters’. for my son’s, i’d say, they could date anytime they want. i just wish they tell me about it. as for my daughters, at least when they turn sixteen. communication is vital especially when it comes to my future sons and daughters finding their respective mates.
9. when it comes to your kids dating, will you be a cool parent or a strict parent? i’d want to think that i will be a cool dad someday. i’d want my sons and daughters to be transparent with me and for us to have an open communication with each other. i wouldn’t want them to feel shackled or held by the necks. i remembered lindsay lohan’s line in freaky friday: “you’re ruining my life!” i would want them to feel comfortable with me so they could freely share with me every aspects of their lives. in that way, i could guide and reach them more easily. besides, it’s easy to maintain relationships with the people you are comfortable with.
10. what piece of advice can you give to your child when they start dating? i’d tell them to be just themselves. no pretensions. let them express themselves freely. be cautious but not to the point that they’re making walls around them but build bridges instead, which is the heart and soul of dating, right? human connections and knowing yourself through other people.
. . .
there you go and hope that made the endorphins, serotonins, oxytonins, and dopamines, and other neurotransmitters overflow and made you feel in love.
i would like to tag my most recent blogger friends:
fjordz. i like the way he writes. very emo. hehe, and
redlan. i think he's really cool.
one love :)