THE WORD WEIRD, as defined by Oxford, means uncanny or supernatural. weird as i understand it, describes something that’s unconventional or different from popular sets of ideals or beliefs. but almost everything in the world is subjective. we see things in our own eyes. we sense and perceive things as we see ourselves. our individuality differs from each other because of numerous factors; hence, we tend to have different perception on things. what i consider normal for me maybe peculiar to others and what i consider weird maybe normal for others? so what’s weird for you? here are some facts about myself i categorized as weird. fifteen out of gazillion weird facts! hehe!
- i usually drink a large mug of creamed coffee at night and complain of having insomnia the next day. crazy is more appropriate word for this, not weird.
- i eat with one on foot on my chair. it feels like my intestines are much more aligned when i eat in this position. but i only do this at home of course. hehe!
- the first thing i’d do upon entering a bathroom would be to pour water on my feet. i don’t know why exactly, but i have a theory that it helps my body adjust to cold water before taking a bath.
- i couldn’t defecate with a shirt on. i am sort of cautious that i might stain my shirt with my poop, so i go topless. hehe!
- when i feel like singing, i lock myself in the bathroom, turn on the faucet and sing my lungs out in front of the mirror (that’s after pouring my feet with a dipper of water), and get out after 10 minutes of singing my favorite last-song-syndrome songs.
- i think i’m suffering from short-term memory loss. one time, i was looking for my id comfortably hanging around my neck. ice said it’s a symptom of being corrupted by perverted anger. i wish not.
- when i eat fried foods like hot dogs or scrambled eggs, ketchup is a necessity. but if i am so angry and there’s no ketchup around. i pour three tablespoons of soy sauce on my rice and sprinkle a couple pinches of salt.
- i read the harry potter series with background music---soundtrack inspired by the movie adaptations. reading novels with sound effects is like watching movies. i have a pretty good imagination.
- i watched harry potter and prisoner of azkaban at a movie house six times. i watched the first one with friends, and the rest with just myself. i usually go solo when watching movies i highly anticipate.
- my imagination scares me sometimes. i was planning to write a horror story for a time now but the images were so vivid i couldn’t translate them into words plus the fact that i usually write late at night. i guess i have to detach myself. i find the kitchen and mirrors creepy especially at night when our cat meows like a weeping child.
- i am not really a fan of shopping or doing grocery stuff. i easily get bored. when i am with my friends or my family, and they decide to shop, i either go to a bookstore, an audio store or a video store.
- i cut apples horizontally in halves. i find it easier to eat apples this way. did you know apple seeds contain cyanide? i love apples. perhaps i’m a death god like ryuk! hehe! death gods or shinigamis do hand stands when they don’t eat apples for a long time.
- when i’m doing something important or savoring a major daydream, bellowing my name won’t work. you should consider shaking me or say the word ‘glad’.
- i am very particular with details. i actually consider myself obsessive-compulsive perfectionist especially with stuff i’m interested in like in visual arts, academic reports, power point presentations, written articles, music that should be on my mp3 player, etc…
i am a conspiracy buff. i love conspiracy theories and mysteries. i have to give dan brown (currently rereading angels and demons) and national geographic channel (my day is not complete without natgeo) credit for this. these are some of my favorite conspiracy theories and mysteries: (1) the 911 myth by zeitgeist, (2) did man really landed on the moon? (3), secret brotherhoods i.e. illuminati, priory of sion, masons (4) the gnostic gospels, (5) mystic places and structures i.e. bermuda triangle, atlantis, the nazca lines, the stongehenge, the pyramids.
. . .
rule: each player of this game starts off with 15 weird things / habits / little known facts about yourself. people who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 15 weird habits / things / little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. at the end, you need to choose 10 people to be tagged and list their names.
no tag backs!
. . .